- It is a white solid ionic compound with a melting point of 596 K.
- Naoh bitter and soapy
- It is highly soluble in water and sparingly soluble in alcohol.
- is a highly caustic base and alkali
Sodium hydroxide is used to manufacture soaps and a variety of detergents used in homes and commercial applications.it is used to help manufacture a variety of medicines and pharmaceutical products, from common pain relievers like aspirin, to anticoagulants that can help to prevent blood clots, to cholesterol-reducing medications.Municipal water treatment facilities use sodium hydroxide to control water acidity and to help remove heavy metals from water.Sodium hydroxide is used in several food processing applications, such as curing foods like olives or helping to brown Bavarian-style pretzels, giving them their characteristic crunch.
- oil, gas, petrochemical industries
- chemical industries
- pharmaceutical industrie
- food production
- pulp and paper production
- leather and synthetic silk production
- alcohol production
- battery production
- tile and ceramic production